Los Angeles – Last week Billboard named 18 finalists for their first Music App Awards. The finalists will be recognized at their Mobile Entertainment Live!: The Music App Summit. Their list recognizes the "most innovative music-focused apps created for the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android and Nokia platforms." Below is their list:
Best Artist App
- Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion by Artificial Life, Inc. & WBR
- I Am T-Pain by Smule
- TouchChords: Jimmy Vaughan by Curious Brain
Best Music Streaming App
- Rhapsody by Rhapsody
- MOG by MOG
- Thumbplay by Thumbplay Inc.
Best Touring App
- Live Phish by nugs.net
- R5 by Ticketfly
- Bonnaroo by Aloompa
Best Music Creation App
- LaDiDa by Khush Inc.
- AmpliTube iRig by IK Multimedia
- MorphWiz by Wizdom Music
Best Music Engagement App
- Tap Tap Revenge 3 by Tapulous
- SoundHound Infinity by Soundhound, Inc.
- Mix Me In2 Taylor Swift by Fried Green Apps
Best Branded Music App
- 50s Sound Lab, Vitamin Water by Skyrockit
- ZOOZbeat Sprite by ZOOZ Mobile, Inc.
- Gibson Learn & Master Guitar by Gibson Guitar
There is a lot of activity in the music apps space. For more on this, make sure to attend our Digital Music Forum West (Los Angeles, Oct. 6-7) and Billboard’s Mobile Entertainment Live! (San Francisco, Oct. 5).