San Francisco – Google (NASD: GOOG) on Wednesday announced that its
Chrome Web Store will be expanded internationally, and launched in-app payments
for the platform that will see Google take a 5% flat fee, leaving 95% of
profits to developers.

The company said that its Chrome browser now counts 160
million users worldwide.

Three months after the launch of its Chrome Web Store,
Google said it has served 17 million app installations.

In other news announced
at the company’s annual Google I/O conference for developers, Rovio’s popular
“Angry Birds” mobile game is now available for Chrome.


Related Links: