Ashton Kutcher is one of the most high-profile tweeters, but it looks likely that he’s about to lose his position in the top ten of people with the most Twitter followers.
Ellen Degeneres, Oprah Winfrey and Selena Gomez are in the running to push him off. That will make the gender imbalance even more pronounced, since it will leave only President Barack Obama and Justin Bieber in the top ten.
Both of those men have reached the very rare milestone of having more than 10 million followers, too. Britney Spears just became only the sixth person to achieve that number, having added an additional million followers in less than two months.
The only others followed by more than 10 million people are Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Kim Kardashian. Shakira looks likely to be the next to join that exclusive club.
Here’s the Twitter Top Ten:
- Lady Gaga – @ladygaga – 14,381,470
- Justin Bieber – @justinbieber – 13,309,185
- Barack Obama – @barackobama – 10,675,468
- Katy Perry – @katyperry – 10,481,994
- Kim Kardashian – @kimkardashian – 10,307,959
- Britney Spears – @britneyspears – 10,099,290
- Shakira – @shakira – 9,088,877
- Taylor Swift – @taylorswift13 – 8,415,223
- Rihanna – @rihanna – 8,223,280
- Ashton Kutcher – @aplusk – 7,908,888
All Twitter – http://tinyurl.com/5wcdop8DMW chart, based on All Twitter data: